Internet-TV-Telephone Service Alpine Amador Placer Calaveras El Dorado County Placerville Northern California Nevada. HughesNet Gen5 High-speed Broadband Internet Service, DIRECTV Satellite TV, Dish Network, RingCentral Telephone Systems and Wilson Cell Phone Boosters for Home, Office and Business
Welcome to El Dorado Satellite TV and Internet, your Local Authorized Residential and Commercial Retailer and Installer for HughesNet, DirecTV and Dish Network Satellite TV in El Dorado, Placer, Calaveras and Amador County and Western Nevada. We offer the same, high-quality satellite TV and Internet equipment and plans sold by out-of-state Internet sellers, but we can provide additional savings, rebates and support they can't.
El Dorado Satellite offers:
- $0 up-front equipment fees on approved credit
- $0 up-front activation fees
- FREE Installation by local, factory-certified Technicians
- Additional Incentives and rebates available when you bundle Internet and TV service through us
Most importantly, you'll have the added, personal support of a locally-owned and operated neighborhood business. We live and work here in your community, and we'll take better care of you than any national sales agent can. No need to feel like you have to call some anonymous, offshore call-center whenever you have a question or problem. You can call us, first.
We're factory-trained, Certified Technicians and Installers for:
Read What Our Customers Say (Courtesy Yelp.com):
Great Service. We live in the foothills, and have been a Direct TV customer for many, many years. We were told by Direct TV that they could no longer service us, due to the fact that our satellite is on the roof and they cannot go on the roof any longer. I called Alan Thompson of Eldorado Satellite, and he told us not to worry at all. He came out, was so very professional, serviced our problems, and we were up and running. I would highly recommend their services. - Rose M., Placerville, CA (6/30/2014)
El Dorado Satellite's five star reputation is well earned. Alan Thompson's honesty and integrity stand out in the sea of satellite competitors. I found Alan through Yelp. I called El Dorado Satellite's phone number in hopes of finding someone to install internet satellite for my family. I chose not to leave a message on their business answering machine and after I hung up; not even 5 minutes after, Alan was calling me back. After a short discussion, he pointed me in the direction of Dishnet and since I have Dish Network; he made me aware that I would get a better rate than going with another competitor. He answered all my questions and even advised me on a way to lower my monthly bill. Alan knows this business very well and won't steer you down the wrong path when it comes to choosing the best service for your needs. - Mae L., Somerset, CA (10/04/2013)
They are good, as good as it gets! I met Alan at the county fair in Placerville, where he had his stand. At the time we had dial up, and were considering getting something faster. Our choices were either http://Hughes.net or Verizon.
I did not order the service at the fair, since I wanted to do a research on leaking of Emf. After my research I found out that there is about 2-10% leakage and the best way to avoid it, is to mount the dish away from the house. Verizon's transmitter is too strong and not as directional, therefore polluting your home with excess frequencies. Low emf pollution was my goal and that was my request when I ordered the service with Eldorado Satellite.
Alan and his crew came and install the dish about 50 feet away from the house on a granite rock, we were online in no time. I was not eligible to lease the equipment, so I had to buy it, but Alan gave me several different discount coupons that helped reduced the cost way down (about $200 in discounts), that was nice.
The internet is fast, like really fast, I measured on "test my speed" and it comes up to 10 Mbps. Awesome
Update after 3 months: the service came down to almost zero, and I contacted http://Hughes.net technical service - not very helpful, but Alan kicked in and optimized some stuff on their side and it works fast again.
I would definitely recommend Alan and his crew to anyone getting satellite services. You really want someone professional and prompt, especially when it comes to problems. They are good, as good as it gets! I'm really glad I didn't just order the service online at http://Hughes.net. - Dejan O., Placerville, CA (9/15/2013)
I had the best experience working with Alan Thompson and his crew. Alan went out of the way helping me set up my new e-mail address and I highly recommend his service. - Agnes D. El Dorado, CA (7/29/2013)
Excellent, professional service. The installers were on time, very professional and helpful. Alan provides service beyond that of other satellite providers I've used in the past and invited me to contact him with any questions. He is up to date with what is happening with my local service; if he doesn't know the answer, he finds out and calls or emails me back. I highly recommend this professional company. - Angela H., Georgetown, CA (7/5/2013)
Alan and his staff are PROS! Our business is located in a VERY remote location and the service works great. - Kathy T, Auburn, CA (5/20/2013)
Great service provider. Fast response time. Very professional and polite installers. - Carmen B, Placerville, CA (3/7/2013)
Alan and his staff are very attentive and extremely helpful. We had Hughesnet once before, and were less than satisfied with the fellow who did that installation. Alan's installation was far superior. Although Hughes isn't perfect we came back to them after trying a different wireless service, with less than adequate results. This is the first Yelp review I have ever written and I highly recommend this company. - Carole M., Somerset, CA (2/20/2013)
Alan and his installation team are great. Good communication, professional installation and great customer service. I recommend these guys. - Dale E., Houston, TX 2/6/2013)
Great service and they are right on top of it if there are any problems. I am recommending them whole heartily. First class act. If you need high-speed satellite service, go with El Dorado Satellite! I am a satisfied customer. - Rod S., Placerville, CA (2/2/2013)
September 27, 2014 - Lost: Couple With Missing Son Now Have Lost Home. We're highlighting a story that ran recently in our local newspaper, the Mountain Democrat, about one of our clients who lost their home in the recent King Fire, still burning in the El Dorado National forest. Read the News Story here: www.eldoradosatellite.com/140927-Matthews-Fire.asp
August 31, 2014 - Rubicon Trail Foundation Taps El Dorado Networks For Internet and Cell Phone Service At The 2014 Cantina For The 'Con Fund Raiser. Read the Press Release here: www.eldoradosatellite.com/PressRelease-140831.asp
June 26, 2014 - Alan Thompson, owner of El Dorado Satellite TV and Internet is appointed to serve on the HughesNet National Dealer Advisory Council. Read the Press Release here: www.eldoradosatellite.com/PressRelease-140731.asp
February 11, 2014 - HughesNet Teams Up With 4-H, the nation's largest youth development and empowerment organization, to introduce more American youth to the excitement of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Read more here: HughesNet and 4-H Partnership
December 31, 2012 - El Dorado Satellite TV and Internet becomes a HughesNet "Ruby Level" Retailer, having installed over 45 HughesNet Gen4 satellite Internet systems throughout El Dorado, Placer and Amador County in the Fourth Quarter of 2012. This level of service is only achieved by the top 20 HughesNet Retailers throughout the US.
September 30, 2012 - El Dorado Satellite TV and Internet Becomes a HughesNet "Silver Level" Retailer for outstanding sales and service of High-speed Broadband Satellite Internet systems in the Third Quarter of 2012. This level of service is only achieved by the top 120 HughesNet Retailers throughout the US.
For more information about Satellite Internet, TV or Telephone Service for your home or office, Contact El Dorado Satellite TV and Internet today!
About El Dorado Networks We are an Authorized Retailer and Installer for DIRECTV, HughesNet Gen4 Internet, Dish Network, RingCentral Small-office/Home-office Telephone Systems, and Wilson residential and commercial Cell Phone Signal Booster Systems, with offices in Diamond Springs, California, in the Sierra Foothills of El Dorado County.
We specialize in providing home and small business high-speed satellite internet, TV and Telephone equipment sales, installation and repair services in Amador, Calaveras, Placer and El Dorado Counties, and throughout Northern California and western Nevada. We also provide Installation and Technician Service for Commercial VSAT Satellite Communications Systems throughout the Western US, Baja California and Mexico, for mining, oil and gas operations, disaster recovery, and emergency response.
The Chief Technical Consultant and owner of El Dorado Networks, Alan Thompson, has over 35 years of satellite TV and Internet communications experience, and has lived in El Dorado County most of his life. Our service area includes:
Our Service Area Includes:
El Dorado Networks |
HughesNet Gen5 High-speed Broadband Internet Service |
DIRECTV Satellite TV |
Dish Network Satellite TV
Call or Text Us For More Information: 530-903-4257 or send E-mail to . We will respond at the earliest opportunity.
For a FREE consultation and analysis of your needs, Contact Us Today!
El Dorado Networks
484 Pleasant Valley Rd, Suite 9A
Off Faith Lane, Behind Deb's Frosty
Diamond Springs, California, 95619
WeBoost Cell Phone Boosters |
RingCentral Telephone Service |
About El Dorado Networks |
Contact El Dorado Networks
Product Names: All product names used on this site, including HughesNet®, DISH®, Dish Network®, dishNET®, DIRECTV®, RingCentral®, Starband®, WildBlue®, Exede®, and DirecPC®, are registered trademarks belonging to their respective companies and owners.
General Terms, Conditions and Disclaimers
Copyright © 2017 - El Dorado Satellite, Internet, TV and Telephone Systems
- Monthly Data Allowance and Usage:
Like cell phone data plans, all satellite Internet systems provide a data allowance. The Gen5 system provides a monthly data allowance from 8AM to 2AM to handle regular daily usage, and a extra allowance from 2AM to 8AM to handle computer and application software updates and manually-scheduled downloads. For more information, please read the Gen5 Fair Access Policy
. Please note that all users on a system will share this data allowance, and certain applications such as streaming video (YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Roku, AppleTV, GoogleTV, Dish Network or DirecTV VOD/Video on-Demand, etc.), streaming audio services (Online Radio, Pandora, Spotify, podcasts, etc.), and peer-to-peer file sharing programs can consume large amounts of data in a short period of time. To better calculate your data use for any of these applications, here is a link to a handy online Data Use Calculator: cableone.net/Docs/datacalculator.html
No Hard Data Caps or Mandatory Overage Charges
- Customers who exceed their monthly Service Plan Data Allowance will still be able to connect at reduced speeds, which may be as low as or lower than 1 Mbps until your next billing period. There are no mandatory overage charges. Your data allowance will be refilled and full service restored at the end of your service month, or you can purchase additional blocks of Data to immediately restore full service whenever needed; $5 for 500MB, $9 for 1GB and $16 for 2GB. To get maximum use of your data allowance, Gen5 also provides a free Usage Meter, enabling you to instantly monitor how much data allowance you have left, and a "Download Manager" that enables you to schedule downloads for software updates and other large files during early-morning hours to use Bonus Data and not your Anytime Data Allowance.
b Gen5 Service Coverage, Speeds and Availability:
Gen5 Satellite reception requires a clear, unobstructed view at about a 38° elevation towards the southern sky, and usage is subject to the Gen5 Fair Access Policy
. When you connect to the Internet using the Gen5 service, the upload and download speeds you experience will vary based on a variety of factors including the configuration of your computer; the number of concurrent users; network or Internet congestion; the speed of the Web sites you are accessing; and other factors. Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of service are not guaranteed. All satellite communications performance may become impaired or unavailable due to inclement weather, snow buildup on the dish, atmospheric conditions and sun interference. During peak hours, actual upload and download speeds will likely be lower than speeds indicated. For more information, please see the Gen5 Fair Access Policy
c $0 Upfront Equipment or Installation Fees
- $99 Instant rebate applies to the Lease of a new Gen5 system. Not applicable with the Purchase option. The Gen5 Lease offer requires credit approval. Monthly equipment lease fee of $14.99 per month will be added to monthly service.
d SAVE $20/mo. to $30/mo. for the First 12 Months
- Offer represents a $20 to $30 savings per month for the first 12 months to new subscribers only. Savings offer valid on all service plans. You can upgrade or downgrade your service plan at any time during your contract without a fee or penalty. After 12 months, all plans revert back to the standard monthly fee. $14.99 monthly equipment lease fee may apply.
e DIRECTV Discount
- $10/mo. discount on Gen5 service for 12 months available to new or existing DIRECTV subscribers. You must maintain DIRECTV service or you will lose the discount. DIRECTV service must be at the same physical address as the HughesNet service.
f $100 VISA Gift Card Offer
- $100 VISA Gift Card for purchase of qualifying DIRECTV SELECT and above; OPTIMO MÁS and above; or PREFERRED CHOICE and above. For new residential customers. Reward Card: Will be sent letter with redemption requirements. Redemption req'd. w/in 75 days from reward notification mail date. Reward Card delivered within 3-4 weeks after redemption to customers who maintain qualifying eligible service from installation date and through reward fulfillment. Card expires at month-end 6 mos. after issuance. No cash access. For cardholder agreement, go to rewardcenter.att.com/myreward/agreementFSV.pdf
. AT&T Reward Card issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. May not be combined with other promotional offers on same services. Offer ends 03/31/17.
g $100 Mail-in Rebate Offer
- $100 Mail-in Rebate applies to new HughesNet subscribers only who order service from El Dorado Networks, and also order new DIRECTV or DISH Network service from El Dorado Networks at the same time. Offer valid only from El Dorado Networks and is not available from Hughes or other Retailers. Mail-in Rebate can be submitted after the first 31 days of service. Rebate Form must be received before 09/30/17 to qualify. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks to process rebate claim. Visit Gen5 Rebate Center
NOTE: In order to qualify for these additional bundled incentives and discounts, new DIRECTV or Dish Network TV service must be ordered along with your HughesNet service. If you have already ordered Gen5 service, please call us as soon as possible if you decide to also add TV service.
h Service Commitment, Cancellation, and Early Termination Fees
- All Gen5 Service Plans require a 24-month service commitment. The Gen5 Lease offer requires credit approval. Monthly equipment lease fee of $14.99 per month will be added to monthly service on the lease option. Fees for early termination on either the lease- or purchase-option apply: Before Installation, the amount collected at time of order will be refunded and the order cancelled. If you cancel after installation but before the end of your 24–month term commitment, you will be charged a Service Termination Fee of up to $400. The exact amount of the Service Termination Fee will be $400 for the first ninety (90) days after activation of the HughesNet Service. Thereafter, the amount will decrease by $15 per month for each month of completed active Service. Further, you must return your HughesNet modem, power supply, and the outdoor radio within 45 days of cancellation date or be charged an additional $300 Unreturned Equipment Fee. The antenna itself does not need to be removed or returned. You will be responsible for all costs associated with removing the equipment.
To cancel your HughesNet service, you would contact HughesNet directly. If you selected the lease option, they will send you a postage-paid shipping box to return the indoor modem and outdoor radio. You will not be reimbursed for your first month of service or lease fees, nor for any upfront fees for non-standard installation charges or equipment purchased. This cancellation policy is offered by HughesNet only, and subject to change at any time.
- If you're going to be away for extended periods, HughesNet allows allows you to temporarily suspend your
Internet service. A "Vacation Hold" will allow you to suspend service for up to six months per year, in two-month increments. If the vacation hold is within the two-year contract period, the contract termination date will be extended by the same number of months that the service is placed on hold. You can call HughesNet at any time to start or stop your vacation hold.
Initial Billing and AutoPay
- HughesNet requires a valid credit or debit card be placed on file at the time of order. The credit or debit card you provide will be charged on the day your order is placed for your selected Service Plan, equipment & installation fees if any, as well as any additional options that you choose, minus any promotional offers or discounts. State and local taxes are not included in these fees but will be charged on the day of install. You will be automatically enrolled for Auto Bill Pay using the same credit/debit card used for placing your order, and HughesNet will then charge your subsequent months of service each month at approximately 30 days after your installation date. After your service is activated, you may then opt for EFT funds transfer from your checking account, or you can request paper billing with a mailed statement for an additional $5/mo. If your order is cancelled before installation, please allow up to 10 business days from the date your order is cancelled to receive a refund to your credit card for any upfront charges.
i Specialized Applications
- Some specialized applications may work over HughesNet Gen5 but results are not guaranteed, nor will HughesNet provide Technical Support for their installation or troubleshooting. These applications include:
Online Gaming: Many types of strategy and turn-based online games may work with Gen5 service but the majority of real-time, multiplayer (high-twitch / rapid-response/ first-person shooter) games that people play on Wii, Xbox Live and PlayStation will not work over any satellite Internet service due to the higher latency (delay). Overall performance of any network-connected game system or device is not guaranteed.
Virtual Private Networking (VPN): Remote server applications such as business VPN connections over Gen5 may work but are not guaranteed, and speeds may be reduced by as much as 50% to 75% or more when using these applications. We recommend you visit our office in Diamond Springs first and test your laptop or PC on our HughesNet system here to verify compatibility.
Camera/Surveillance/Home-automation Systems: Due to the use of advanced IPV6 Internet Protocols by the HughesNet system, many types of conventional, Internet-based camera, surveillance systems and home automation systems may not work, or may not be accessible from remote viewing locations. We recommend the use of IPV6-enabled equipment and/or cloud-based systems using an intermediary server, although performance and results are not guaranteed. If you're considering installing such equipment, please check with us first for recommendations.
Voice Over IP Internet (VoIP): Third-party Voice Over Internet telephone services, such as SKYPE, GoogleVoice, MagicJack, OOMA and Vonage may work but are not guaranteed, and HughesNet cannot provide Technical Support for these services. Only the Gen5 "Voice" VoIP Service is optimized to work over Gen5.
Feel free to visit our office to test your applications and equipment on our system first.
‡ Standard Installation:
- A standard installation includes mounting one exterior antenna on a wall or roof of a single, standard 1- or 2-story private residence within 50' of the location of the indoor equipment within the same building. Installing multiple antennas, tree trimming, brush clearing, or snow or ice removal is not included. Installations in more than one residence, over tile or metal roofs, steep roofs, or roofs more than 20' above the ground, stucco walls, commercial buildings, motor homes, RVs, mobile trailers or 5th wheels, overhead cable spanning between buildings or trees, buried cable or conduit, or clearing blocked conduits, etc. are not included and may require additional fees for labor and materials, payable directly to El Dorado Networks. Some installations may require a non-standard mount at additional charge.
A standard system installation does not include providing or installing multiple antennas, installations in, or connections to, multiple buildings, wireless router installation, wireless networking setup, connection to multiple Internet-enabled appliances, smart-home equipment, or home-theater devices, computer or local network consulting, computer troubleshooting, repair, or configuration, program or application installation or modification, or TV unpacking, installation or configuration.
Non-standard Installation Charges
Some installations may require non-standard installation parts and labor not covered by a standard installation. Installations of more than one antenna, in multiple buildings, non-penetrating mounts, under-eave mounts, or a ground-mounted dish on a metal pole embedded in concrete or buried cable in conduit are not included in a standard installation, and will be at additional cost. Some installation options include:
$145 - Ground post mount set in concrete.
Computer Configuration, Networking, and Troubleshooting:
$125 - Non-penetrating, ground or flat-roof mount (includes non-skid, rubber pad and concrete block ballast). Required for most commercial buildings.
$ 95 - Non-penetrating chimney mount for Dish Network or DIRECTV antennas.
$ 75 - Under-eave "J" mount for Dish Network or DIRECTV antennas
$ 95 - Under-eave Rafter mount for DIRECTV or HughesNet antennas
$249 - Dish heater For Dish Network antennas to automatically remove snow and ice. Includes installation when performed in conjunction with a new Dish Network antenna installation. Otherwise add $50. (Access to weather-protected 120 Volt outlet required. Post-mounted dishes may incur additional wiring charge)
$299 - Dish heater For DIRECTV Slimline and HughesNet antennas to automatically remove snow and ice. Includes installation when performed in conjunction with a new Dish Network antenna installation. Otherwise add $50. (Access to weather-protected 120 Volt outlet required. Post-mounted dishes may incur additional wiring charge)
$125 - Additional charge for rooftop installations on commercial buildings
PVC conduit installation $20 + $2.00 per foot. Installation in hard or rocky soil will be at additional charge.
- Computer setup, troubleshooting, networking, repair, consulting or PC application installation or configuration issues (Email, VPNs, local network issues, etc.) are not included in a Standard HughesNet Installation but these optional services may be available at additional hourly rate payable directly to El Dorado Networks.
Home Theater, Audio, Video, Wireless or Wired Networking Equipment:
- Installation of TV, DVD, Blu-Ray or audio equipment, wall mounts, wireless networking, telephone wiring, network cabling, connecting multiple computers, wireless devices such as routers, smart phones, laptops, Smart TVs or tablet computer installation or programming services are not included but available at additional charge:
$125 - Wireless 801ac Router or Range Extender, Installed and configured, for connection to one device.
$50 - Technician assistance to install and configure customer-provided routers or wireless devices, with connection to one device (one laptop, cell phone, tablet, or smart TV), and $25 for each additional device.
$ 95 hr - TV, audio, networking or computer equipment consulting, configuration, troubleshooting, repair or installation charges, plus materials.
- We want you to be happy with your new service, and hope you will call us first with any technical problems or questions. Many problems can be solved over the phone and do not require a technician revisit. All our installation work is warranted to be free of defects in workmanship for six months after installation. After that time, a one-hour technician visit fee of $95 plus materials may apply, plus $75/hr. for each additional hour.
- A one-hour technician visit fee of $95 plus materials will apply to all equipment upgrades, plus $75/hr. for each additional hour.
Locations greater than 45 minutes driving distance from Placerville, Plymouth, Amador City, or Carson City may incur a one-time, $99 trip/site-survey charge, and locations greater than 90 minutes driving distance may incur a one-time, $149 trip/site-survey charge, whether or not installation can be completed. Locations in the High Sierras, Lake Tahoe and Reno subject to heavy tree coverage and snowfall may require non-standard mounts and dish heater options at additional fee.
Plans, Pricing, Offers, Discounts, Terms, Conditions or Disclaimers
- All HughesNet plans, pricing, offers and discounts expire on 06/30/17 unless otherwise noted. All Rebates and discounts available only to new Gen5 subscribers. Prices shown do not include applicable local sales tax. Prices, plans and availability subject to change. Gen5
service offers available for new and qualified former customers, and subject to terms of applicable Promotional and Residential Customer agreements. State reimbursement charges may apply. Additional restrictions may apply. Full terms and conditions are available here
Any Plans, Pricing, Offers, Discounts, Terms, Conditions or Disclaimers included in this Email may be superseded by HughesNet's own Plans, Pricing, Offers, Discounts, Terms, Conditions or Disclaimers. For the most current and complete information about HughesNet Plans, Pricing, Offers, Discounts, Terms, Conditions or Disclaimers, please visit legal.hughesnet.com
. In the event of any conflict, discrepancy or error in this Email, HughesNet's own Pricing, Terms, Conditions and Disclaimers will prevail.